Saturday, October 11, 2008

40th B-day







Yes can you believe it... I am officially 40. We celebrated with a couples weekend at the cabin. Brett and I headed up on Thurs, my birthday and went to my favorite restaurant Cicero's, in Park City. Brett out did himself this year. He and the kids decorated the house and got very thoughtful gifts and took me to the cabin for a kid free weekend. The Smith's and the Nielson's came up early on Friday and we went on an amazing ride. The leaves were Awesome. The Mismash's, Braby's and The Watkin's came up that night and all the men went on a ride up behind the cabin (in the dark). They had a great time. We played games and watched movies till the crack of dawn. Margie made me a birthday cake and the gag gifts were hilarious. Saturday the storm moved in but that didn't stop us. I have some pictures of our soggy ride. It was freezing cold. All in All the weekend was perfect we watched movies rode 4 wheelers, sat by the fire, and played golf for hours on end. Thanks for such a great 4 day party..

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Tina!!! Hope you had a great day! By the way, I'm offended that we didn't get invited to your party. I see how it is. Ha ha!

Kristin Smith said...

Happy birthday girl!!!

Didn't realize it was your birthday, let alone your 40th. You look AMAZING for 40, you should be so proud of yourself! Glad that your family spoiled you, it sounds like you had a great weekend!

Kristin

Nicalee said...

Love your post and loved the trip! We need to exchange pictures, I'll e-mail mine to you. By the way, good advice on my blog...you are right, I need to say NO sometimes! Thanks friend!

Kristine Watterson said...

Rob said, as we were driving home from Dustin's party, I wish Tina and Brett were our neighbors...they are so cool! I echo his thoughts when I say, You guys are cool! Hope you had a happy birthday and you don't look a day over 29! (See, I think you look younger than Nicalee does, I'm way cooler ha ha ha)

nicole said...

Holy crap..are you seriously the big 40?!?!? That cracks me up!!!

You are one HOT 40 yr old! You better make it to the beach this year! :)

Karlee said...

Happy Birthday! There is no way you could be 40! You look great!

Unknown said...

Happy 40th Bday! I would have never guessed you 40! You look awesome. Looks like you had a great birthday. Hope to see you guys soon, we miss you so much!!!

Kristine Watterson said...

Brett, I appologize for not posting "more" about the hunt but I have no idea how to do this stuff.(my wife will be sending this when i am done) It was a bad year for the deer, the biologist for the ranch said they lost alot of deer and winter was so long and spring was so late that by the time the deer had recuperated from the winter that there were very few nutrients left for antler growth. He encouraged everyone to focus on "management bucks" meaning a three point frame. As part of our deal we are allowed to take two trophy bucks and three management bucks so this year we focused on management bucks. My brother shot his on opening morning. I was supposed to be in his canyon but got mixed up in the dark. His buck is 31 inches wide and is a 5x3. I think his shot was 270 yards. Its a great buck i am still a little jealous. My buck was shot on the second day. It is a true mangement buck as a 3x3 and is 26 inches wide. The shot was 388 yards. He is not a real bragger buck but considering the year i am pretty pleased. I think i'll do a european mount of him. When I get him back you guys should come up with nic and dustin for dinner. Hope that was enough "more" for you and tell your wife im sorry for spoiling her fortieth birthday blog thingy with my deer hunting comment