Thursday, November 27, 2008

CHECK OUT MY SCAR


SO IN CASE YOUR WONDERING WHEN I WAS GOING TO FILL YOU ALL IN ON THE OUTCOME ON MY PROCEDURE, WELL IT DIDN'T WORK. SO MONDAY I HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE SURGEON. BELIEVE IT OR NOT HE SCHEDULED ME FOR SURGERY THE NEXT DAY. SO TUESDAY I HAD ANTERIOR CERVICAL DISCECTOMY AND FUSION... TO SPEAK ENGLISH THEY WENT IN THROUGH THE FRONT OF MY NECK, TO MY SPINE PULLED OUT MY HERNIATED DISK SHAVED DOWN MY BONE SPURS AND PUT CERAMIC BONE AND MEATAL CAGE IN TO FUSE THE C6 AND C7 ... WOW THAT WAS HARD TO TYPE ON ALL THEESE MEDS. THE GOOD NEWS IS MY ARM PAIN IS ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE AND I HAVE NO PAIN AT ALL IN MY SHOULDER BLADE THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM. STILL HAVE NUMBNESS/WEAKNESS. THEY SAY IT COMES BACK SLOWLY. I AM UNCOMFORTABLE AND ITS HARD TO SWALLOW AND I FEEL LIKE A BOBBLE HEAD. BUT I AM SO LUCKY, BRETT IS NURSING ME BACK TO HEALTH. I CANT EVEN START WITH HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR HOW AWESOME MY HUSBAND IS. HE HAS BEEN THE SCOFFER, MOM, DAD HOUSE KEEPER, MORAL SUPPORT, AND IN THE COMING WEEKS (he might have to pull x-mas off on his own)

7 comments:

Phil and Ashlee said...

Wow Tina, I am so glad you made it! Tell uncle Brett he is awesome and to keep taking care of you. We hope the pain is gone real soon! love you guys

Nicalee said...

What the heck? You are blogging?! That's enough of that, get back to bed girl!! So glad you're out of pain, what a blessing before Christmas and all.

Kristin Smith said...

You look amazing, and we are SO happy that your recovery has gone so well. I agree that you have an amazing husband! You deserve it!

You will be back to normal routine and activity in no time, and you will forget all about this surgery! Well, I guess you'll have a little scar to remind you...

You still owe us a date, we will have to catch up after Christmas and do dinner and a movie.

Kristine Watterson said...

Don't listen to Nicalee...keep blogging, you entertain me.

Unknown said...

what a scar! I hope that you are feeling better and thankgoodness for awesome husbands!!

Kelli said...

Holy cow......that sounds like a pretty painful time. And your scar is pretty impressive!!! How are you feeling now? (i'm a little late in reading your blog).

nicole said...

Holy crap Tina....!!! That looks sooo painful! Sorry to hear the epidural didn't work and you had to go with option #2.
I'm sure it'll be nice and healed in time for the beach!!! :)
Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!