Friday, November 14, 2008

My Acheing Back

This Tuesday I had an MRI after being in pain for over a month, spending countless dollars on Chiropractic and Massage, a visit to the E.R. and truly being in more pain than I have ever been in, in my life. The doctor at the University Orthopedic Center found that I have a bone spur and a herniated disk between my C6 and C7 disks. So I was given two options and the first is to have an injection into my spine or surgery... I choose door number first, Thursday I had the procedure, they called it an epidural, but it wasn't like any of the epidurals I had when giving birth. They stuck a HUGE needle in the side of my neck and put some kind of steroid in my disk area to stop the pressure its putting on the nerves (and causing so much pain). I wont know if it worked for a few days, so cross your fingers.


Thank Heaven for all the support I have. I do not know how I could do it without the love and support Brett and I have been Given. Our neighbors are so awesome, not only have we been given dinners by many of them but they have watched our kids and played with our dog and driven sage to dance, grocerie shopped, vacuumed my house and delivered diet cokes. Mike Henry a doctor in our ward worked on my back many times trying to help me get some relief. My mom is a saint she has driven me to the U and watched the kids and driven sage to dance. The dinners from my friends have been so appreciated. Sunday Anne Marie Chicken casserole, Monday Nicalee Spaghetti Pie, Tuesday Traci Chicken Noodle Soup, Wednesday Sharlyn chicken pillows, Thursday Becca Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes. They all brought salads and bread and desserts. Even today Chrisy brought fresh baked banana bread. Margie has shopped and vacuumed and supplied me with diet coke,and her sweet husband and Brett gave me a blessing. My sissy brought cannelloni tonight. I am so blessed to have such great friends and so much support. Last but not least is my sweet amazing husband, Brett has been so great. He has taken such good care of me and been so sympathetic of my pain, he has done all the laundry, cleaning, car pool, dishes, ice packs, doctor apt. and the list goes on. I am so lucky to have such a great support system. Thank you so much for all the love and concern, hopefully the epidural procedure works...

5 comments:

Judy (mom) said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear about your back ache...there is nothing worse than having terrible back pain. Wish I was there to help too. Hope the injections help and give you some relief.
Love you guys,
Judy (AZ)

The Halls said...

I hope so too. I didn't even know you had the procedure. I'm sorry you were in so much pain. I'm so thankful for everyone and all the help they have givin' you. I LOVE YOU ALL! You are truly a wonderful auntie. Love you lots! Keep us posted!

The Halls said...

Oh! And especially for your diet coke runs...Margie wins the best helper award!

Nicalee said...

You have so much support because you give so much support to others Tina! You have a real talent of being a sincere and devoted friend! I am crossing my fingers and hope your neck is ship shape any day now. Thanks for those sweet comments on my blog.

Jen & Blake said...

You poor thing! I can't imagine what this must feel like. Happy to hear you are receving great help. We will pray that the procdure works and you fully recover:)