Tuesday, March 2, 2010

JAN AND FEB...

Must say I am not a fan of either. It has been awfully cold in Utah for both January and February and I don't know what is wrong with me but I don't tolerate the cold any more. I am sure it must have something to do with my spinal fustian. Just a guess. The worst part of this winter has been our health. I had a hacking cough for about 3 weeks, and got some killer abs from the work out and finally my sweetheart got me in to see a Doctor to find out I had a Sinus infection. Got better then everyone else got it! Sage ended up with Pneumonia after a long bout with a cough. Poor girl. Then Brett got it and actually missed work. I know it is a miracle. I practically had to threaten him. Other than being sick we have had alott of fun with the boys and Basketball. This year they are both so much improved. Max is on the same team as his twin Cousins, Jake and Nathan. They have been undefeated and it is so much fun cheering for our team. Mason's team hasn't done as well. Lets put it this way, we haven't won a game yet. The good news is he doesn't seem to care. Valentines Day was great this year. I did the 14 day of valentines for Brett, starting on February 1st. Ladies let me tell ya, I scored some series points with this. You have to try this next year for your man. Day 1, was your my one and only and I gave him a Rose (in honor of the bachelor and asked him to accept this rose) Day 2, was my two hands to rub your 2 feet... Day 3 was thanks for our 3 beautiful children ( and the each wrote him a love letter) and so on .... it was as much fun for me as it was for him!!!! We spent day day 12, 13, and 14 in Park City at our time share with the kids... The kids were happy to come along on our romantic weekend. Brett and i loved the Hot tub and the kids loved the pool. Brett took me out to my favorite restaurant on main street, Ciseros!!!! No Kids!!! Love, that guy.

Some other things we have been busy with. Cub Scouts, Brett was recently called to serve as the new Cub Master. I am 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency and Cub Scouts is one of my responsibilities. So its been interesting to say the least. The Blue and Gold Banquette was last week and can I say how glad I am that that is over? Seriously! Kinda a dirty trick putting a new Cub Master in the month before the Banquette... I was so proud of Brett he did a great job, and I am so grateful to be married to someone who understand the importance of being involved in the things our kids are in. Love, that guy!

Oh, thank heavens for March, I am so grateful I made it through another dreary, ugly, slushy, polluted January and February. Have I mentioned I hate those months. I will end this post with my annual top 10 things i hate about winter ....

1. Its cold
2. Its hazy
3. Hate driving in it
4. everything looks dirty and dingy
5. kids getting dressed in snow clothes, and then undressing 5 min later
6. the price of a ski lift ticket, even for a child is RIDICULOUS
7. Being afraid to fall on the ice (and break my neck)
8. dirty yucky salty cars
9. Colds and flu
10. Its cold

2 comments:

The Halls said...

loved the post but...It's missing PICTURES! Please do something about that ;)

Nicalee said...

Ditto to the 10 things you hate about winter, and let me add...the inversion, hate it