Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just thinking

Today my post is not about a Vacation or outing or child's accomplishment. Today I wanted to reflect on the amount of sadness, suffering, pain, trials, I have all around me. I have been so worried about close friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. The reason it is even on my mind is how my heart is so heavy with sadness and none of it is my own. Our neighbor fell while climbing in Moad last weekend and has a huge recovery ahead of him. His pain and his families path ahead is so over welmingly hard i cant even wrap my mind around it. My good friends husband has been out of work for over a year, and the trials that that brings is so hard. Our friend lost his Mother to cancer and is suffering with his grief. My dear friend who is worried about her marriage My co-worker found out she has an illness and is worried about all that it will bring. Another friend who is struggling with step kids ex-wifes and the stress of blending a family. Another friends Dad died last friday, family with health problems, parents with stress and struggles. Ugh, the trials we go through. It is hard to see all the people we love struggle and suffer. It is just weighing heavy on my heart today. I am so grateful for the friendships and support system I have all around me and wish I could help with the suffering of good friends and family, sometimes dinner is just not enough. I think remembering all of these people I worry about in my Prayers will have to do and leave it in the hands of the Lord. I wish I had a magic wand. I love you all and do worry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your concern. I feel as if every where I look some one I care about is struggling with something as well. Tell Brett thanks for stopping by the hospital. Here is a link to a blog I started for Randy. www.randywilles-wendy.blogspot.com

Kristin Smith said...

I totally feel your pain Tina, and I have the same ongoing struggle! Life just seems SO hard, and it's difficult to feel like you are helping others or can do much to assist them when we are living our lives and going through our own struggles every day also.

You are an AMAZING person Tina, and have a lot of empathy, which is why you have so many friends in your life!