Wednesday, August 24, 2011




Back to school 2011


I am going to miss these little farts. Okay lets be honest, so glad that it is time for school to start. They were all so excited that they were ready to walk out the door by 7:00. The summer was such a blur I can Honestly say we have never been busier. I think as your kids get older they get so busy That it just becomes one endless list of things to do and schedules to keep up on. Gone are the lazy summers with nothing to do, gone are the days of going to the pool to entertain ourselves or keep ourselves busy. We are in the run around, get up early Activity after activity, Scouts, Dance, Soccer, Baseball, Student Government, Lessons, Practices, Games, performances, meetings, and NO down time. I am tiring to breath and not get overly dramatic but really, It is crazy. Sage is super excited to be in High School and is on the Drill Team, She is excited about the friends she will make and all the new and exciting things that come with High School. (driving, dating, Dances ETC.) I know that this girl will be awesome, I have all the confidence that she is a girl who knows who she is and what she stands for, I am proud of who she is and cant wait to see what she will become. Max is the Big dog this year, 6th grade o my. He is a good boy and always treats everyone with respect. He is very excited about recess, he is a sports guy, this kid can run and play all day. He is never idle, he probably watches 5 min of t.v a week. He is up at the crack of dawn and in bed by 9;00 at night. He is an A student and wants to learn, its all him. He works hard and takes it on, he however is my only child who hates to read, I have to hound him about reading. Mason is in 5th grade and is not as excited about school, he is also a good student but complains and is not thrilled about school starting up again, he is another very active child, no video games and t.v for him either. He is all about sports, all summer they would go to the school and run the mile, he has practiced baseball every day this summer and loves it eats it drinks it and practices constantly. He has amazed me with his willingness to sacrifice his time to improve his skills. He runs faster, hits line drives and can catch game winning pop flies. I hope he is ready to put that same effort into his school work and become that dedicated to school. Brett and I are having so much fun raising our children and finding little pieces of the day that we can focus on us too. I insist on me and him time...


2 comments:

The Halls said...

I love your 3 munchkins. Xoxo

dana ewell said...

Time only speeds up from here on out. I can still remember the first day of kindergarten for Heather. And now look where we are.

They all look so cute. Is this the first day of school?